The Booster Lab series is designed to give the startups selected for each event the tools, guidance and possible funding that will boost their impact and drive their future success. As in the first leg of the series, which took place in Barcelona in December, the selected ventures will participate in hands-on workshops, attend insightful talks and keynotes, and be mentored by the best minds from Booking.com.
At the end of the three-day programme, each startup will deliver a pitch in front of an audience of industry experts and our Booking.com.B.V. jury. The judges will evaluate their growth roadmaps and impact, awarding grants of between €10,000 and €25,000 to the programme’s most promising ventures.
Booster Lab is just the beginning of the relationship between the participating startups and Booking.com B.V. Each startup’s dedicated mentor and a pool of additional experts will support them in executing their growth plans and achieving positive impact over the subsequent months.
The startups chosen reflect a wide variety of impactful concepts, including two that cater specifically to travellers with disabilities. They are:
- accessibleGO A full-service accessible travel platform
- bitemojo Independent food tours with nothing but your smartphone
- Citynsider A web community of young, curious travellers sharing local tips in cities they’ve lived in
- Knowers A platform connecting travellers to locals for info, tips and services
- FarmGuests Establishes a connection between rural tourists and agribusiness owners
- Paratrek Treks and outdoor activities for the physically impaired
- Light Heat Solar energy for heating and cooling buildings, factories and hotels
- Trailze The ultimate outdoor navigation platform for non-adventurers
- Questo A mobile app for playful self-guided tours
Stay tuned to our channels at the end of next week for all the news of how things go in Tel Aviv. For a reminder of the success some startups took away from the series opener in Barcelona, click here.